5 Facts About Michael Weatherly
Michael Weatherly, famous as Anthony “Tony” DiNozzo from the “NCIS” series, is an American actor, who once wanted to be a baseball player, and later a stuntman. He is even more movie buff, when compared to his character in the “NCIS” series, which is known for continuous movie references. Here are a few interesting facts about the actor:
- He is a very loyal fan of James Bond. Since the year 1979, he is a member of the James Bond Club. In fact that is the only club he has ever joined.
- Weatherly is passionate about music and knows to play a number of instruments, including guitar and piano. He played in a band during his early career in New York City. He even recorded a few soundtracks to “NCIS,” – “Bitter And Blue,” “Pretty Baby,” “All Fall Apart,” “Lovlihead,” “Under The Sun,” and “Suffer for Me.”
- He left college for his desire to become an actor. He actually went to four colleges but never graduated, as he decided to take up the acting career.
- He is from a wealthy family but had a falling out with his father, due to his interest to become an actor. Weatherly was disinherited from the family fortune, which was written into “NCIS” as his character – Anthony DiNozzo’s background.
- Before acting, he has been doing a number of jobs and even dabbled in song writing. He worked in the videotape library of ABC, where he had to log and cart around one-inch reels of videotape.