Interesting Facts about Jensen Ackles We Bet You Didn’t Know
Born as Jensen Ross Ackles, he is famously known as Dean Winchester from the TV Series “Supernatural.” Starting his modeling career at an early age of 4, he has garnered praise all around for his performance throughout his television acting career. Here are some interesting facts about him.
- Ackles’s entire career seems to be bound with supernatural elements, mostly demonic forces. In “Days of Our Lives,” his mother Marlena was possessed by the Devil. In his 2005 movie “Devour,” his character Jake Gray was the son of “Satan” himself. Not to forget, his “Supernatural” TV series is all about fighting demons and devils.
- His first big breakthrough was “Days of Our Lives” in 1997 for which he received “Soap Opera Digest Award” for Best Newcomer. He was nominated thrice (1998, 1999 and 2000) for Outstanding Young Actor in Drama Series at the Daytime Emmy Award for his performance in the same TV series.
- In the “Devour” movie, his character Jake Gray’s father Paul Kilton was played by his biological father Alan Ackles. His pictures from childhood and teenage were used as the pictures of young Jake Gray in the movie’s opening credits.
- He auditioned for the role of Clark Kent in the TV Series “Smallville” but the role went to Tom Welling. However he was cast as assistant football coach Jason Teague, Lana’s boyfriend, in the fourth season of the show.
- He first appeared as a rogue serial killing Ben /X5-493 in the TV series “Dark Angel,” for only a single episode of “Pollo Loco,” in Season 1. However, for the casting of the role of Alec in Season 2, the writers wanted only him to play the role, and twisted the storyline by saying that Alec was his deceased character of Ben’s twin.
- Initially, he was supposed to wear extensions for his role as Priestly in the 2007 movie “Ten Inch Hero,” but he was able to grow his hair long enough to be spiked, before the filming.
- He is a big fan of Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill from the movie “Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope” in 1977. In “Supernatural” season 1 episode 3, the characters Sam and Dean pose as “Agent Ford” and “Agent Hamill” from U.S Wildlife Service.
- In 2009, he stared in the remake of the horror movie “My Bloody Valentine” in which the Valentine’s Day falls on Saturday, 14th This means the previous day was Friday, 13th February. His “Supernatural” co-star Jared Padalecki starred in the remake of another horror movie “Friday the 13th” in the same year.
- When Sam was dying in the arms of Dean in “Supernatural” season 2, to make the scene look more real, Ackles had to imagine Jared actually dying in his arms. Though they were good friends, by season 2 they considered each other as brothers.
- In the TV series “Supernatural” Dean’s height is stated as 6ft 4in, same as his brother Sam. However in real life Ackles is only 6ft 1in, where as Padalecki is 6ft 5 1/2in.
- He is a big fan of Gummy candies and always carries them with him in his trailer. It has been reported that even during the shoot, he can be seen munching on some gummy candies.
- He co-owns a brewery named “Family Business Beer Company” with his wife and in-laws in Dripping Springs, Texas. The TV series “Supernatural” has a tagline that reads “Family business”.
- He collaborated with musician Steve Carlson to from the band Radio Company in 2018. Their first album titled “Vol 1” was released on November 8, 2019 that captured the top spot in various Billboard Charts within 2 weeks.
- He met his wife Danneel Harris on the sets of “Ten Inch Hero” in 2007 and married her in 2010. They live in Texas with their 3 children – Justice Jay ‘JJ’ Ackles, Zeppelin Bram, and Arrow Rhodes.