10 Interesting Facts About Katherine Kelly Lang You Probably Didn’t Know
With acting career spanning more than 40 years, since 1979, Katherine Lang has captured the hearts of everyone. She became a household name when CBS cast her in the long running soap opera “The Bold and the Beautiful”. Here are some facts about her.
- Katherine, along with her co star John McCook, are the only two cast members of “The Bold and the Beautiful” who are still with the show since the first episode in 1987.
- She has 3 children from her previous 2 marriages to Skott Snider and Alex D’Andrea. She has sons Jeremy Snider and Julian Snider from her first marriage and daughter Zoe D’Andrea from her second marriage.
- She was born as Katherine Kelly Wegeman on July 21 1951, in Hollywood, California to Olympic ski jumper Keith Wegeman and Actress Judith Lang.
- Her two sons Jeremy and Julian played the sons of her character Brooke Logan Forrester in the TV series “The Bold and the Beautiful”.
- She made her acting debut with the 1979 movie “Skatetown, U.S.A”. The movie is about a roller disco competition between two rivals which culminates into a friendship.
- She won MVP Award for Best Soap Opera Actress in 1990, 1991 and 1995 for her portrayal of Brooke Logan in “The Bold and the Beautiful”.
- Katherine is the granddaughter of Charles Lang, the Oscar winning cinematographer best known for “A Farewell to Arms” in 1932 and “The Magnificent Seven” in 1960.
- The character Brooke Logan from “B&B” also appeared many times in the series “The Young and the Restless” played by Katherine herself. The first crossover was in the year 1999.
- Even before being cast as Brooke Lang in “B&B”, she appeared as Gretchen in the TV Series “The Young and the Restless” in 1981.
- Katherine became a grandmother in 2018 when her daughter Zoe, then 21 years old, gave birth to baby girl Zuma.