Amazing Facts About Alycia Debnam-Carey You Didn’t Know
Alycia Debnam-Carey, who took the world by Storm, or is it “Into the Storm,” is an immensely gifted actress, who is not just a beauty, but a talented actress, and incredible musician that has already bought her a handful of accolades. Let’s not forget her high intelligence that earned her the Premier’s Award for scoring 90s in six of her courses in school. And all this, in a very young age of just 27! Here are some really fascinating facts about the actress that will make you love her more:
- Alycia made her mark in Hollywood, when she was cast as the youngest member in “Next Stop Hollywood, a six-part documentary following six Australian actors competing for a chance in US TV pilot season. The documentary aired on ABC1 in Australia.
- She was just 18 years old when she moved to LA, for Hollywood chances. Her mother Leone Carey, a television writer, accompanied Alycia in her journey.
- In the initial days of her acting career, Debnam-Carey has appeared in guest roles as Chloe Sanderson and Mia, in episodes of “McLeod’s Daughters” and “Dance Academy” respectively.
- Her character of Commander Lexa was initially a guest role in the episode six of season two of CW’s “The 100.” But with her fan following, and her character becoming a fan-favorite, her character was made a recurring role in the third season.
- Following her character of Lexa’s death in “The 100” TV series, over $100,000 was raised for the Trevor Project, focused on suicide prevention efforts among LGBTQ and questioning youth.
- Within just two weeks in Hollywood, she was shortlisted for a role of Carrie Bradshaw in the CW series “The Carrie Diaries.” However, she lost the role of Carrie to AnnaSophia Robb.
- At the same time, Alycia landed the lead role of Mary in the independent feature film, a thriller set in the Amish community – “The Devil’s Hand,” and started shooting in North Carolina, in her sixth week in Hollywood.
- She and her co-star Thomas McDonell who played the character of Finn Collins in “The 100” also worked together in the 2014 movie “The Devil’s Hand.”
- Coincidentally, it is Alycia’s character that is said to be responsible for the death of McDonell’s character in both “The 100” as well as “The Devil’s Hand.”
- In “The Devil’s Hand,” her character of Mary kills McDonell’s character of Trevor by herself, while in “The 100” her character of Lexa orders the death of McDonell’s character of Finn Collins.
- Her first talk show appearance was on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” on August 27, 2015, to promote her show “Fear the Walking Dead,” a companion series and prequel to “The Walking Dead.”
- Her acting career started at the very young age of 8. When she was just 10 years old, she co-starred as Elsie in Rachel Ward’s award-winning short-feature film “Martha’s New Coat.”
- Alycia is a close friend of Maia Mitchell, whom she first met at the age of 11, during an audition in Australia. But, with time, they lost touch, and once again met at a hotel after Alycia moved to LA.
- Graduating from Newtown High School of the Performing Arts as a percussionist, she and 40 other musicians, in collaboration with Berlin Philharmonic, compose a piece together in a two week program.