Untold Facts About ‘Pretty Little Liars’ TV Series Every Fan Must Know
It’s been years since the Liars found out the identity of “A.D,” but still fans are not totally ready to bid goodbyes to their favorite girls. And not to forget the couples’ relationships, which had always left the die-hard fans wanting more and more. Despite the secrets of “A” and “A.D,” there are much more things you need to know about the TV series, which went with the unwritten theme – Two can keep a secret, if one is dead. Here are some interesting facts about “Pretty Little Liars” you probably didn’t know before:
- “Pretty Little Liars” has been known for its references to the literature, and even the major characters share names with famous poets and authors. Ezra Fitz – Ezra Pound (an American poet) and F. Scott Fitzgerald (an American novelist), Byron Montgomery – Lord Byron (English Romanticist poet) and Lucy Maud Montgomery (Canadian author), while Spencer Hastings shares her name with Edmund Spenser (the early modern English poet).
- According to the book series, Alison’s disappearance happens in the summer before girls went to 8th grade, which is 3 years before the series beginning. However, it was changed to just 1 year for the show.
- A Turkish remake of “Pretty Little Liars” titled “Tatli Kucuk Yalancilar” was aired on Star TV from July 6, 2015 to October 3, 2015, consisting of just 13 episodes.
- In the closing moments of Season 1 finale, Florence and the Machine’s song “I’m Not Calling You A Liar” is used.
- Many of the scenes from “PLL” were filmed on the same lot(s) used as the town of Stars Hollow from “Gilmore Girls.”This explains the reason behind the same view of the town in both the series.
- In fact, the view of the whole town has been used in not just “PLL” and “Gilmore Girls” but also, “Witches of East End,” “The Carrie Diaries,” “Bitten,” “Hart of Dixie,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “Riverdale,” and “Ghost Whisperer.”
- Despite being one of the major characters of the “PLL” series, Keegan Allen, the actor who played the role of Toby Cavanaugh, was always listed as a guest star, and not as a main character.
- In the very first episode, James Neate played the role of Toby Cavanaugh, but was later replaced by Keegan Allen, for the rest of the series. Even the character of Jason DiLaurentis, Alison’s brother was originally played by Parker Bagley in the first season, after which Drew van Acker replaced him.
- For the pilot episode of “PLL” Troian Bellisario was 25 years old, portraying the 16-year old Spencer Hastings, while Sasha Pieterse was only 12 years old, portraying the 16-year old Alison DiLaurentis. However, she lied to the entire crew that she was 14 years old.
- During the filming of the scene, in which Emily Fields crashes her car through her house, Shay Mitchell was only given one chance to do the take. Just as the shot was completed, the crew started to rebuild the house.
- The theme song of “PLL” “Secret” by The Pierces, was featured in an episode of “Gossip Girl” Season 1. In fact, The Pierces performed the song in that episode.
- Mona’s house and Spencer’s house on the Warner Brothers Studio lot were said to be interconnected, through a single door. Also, Aria’s bedroom was connected to Spencer’s on the set, with the doors in Aria’s bedroom leading to the walkthrough area.
- Throughout the series, all the liars have suspected their love interests of being A, or on the A team, at least once. Both Toby and Caleb were suspected in Season 1, Paige in Season 3 and Ezra in Season 4.
- In the “PLL” books, Spencer is related to Alison. But, in the TV show, due to the affair between Peter Hastings and Jessica DiLaurentis, it’s Alison’s older brother who is Spencer’s half sibling.
- Even the character who were killed off on the “Pretty Little Liars” TV series, like Maya, were not killed off in the books. However, in case of Toby Cavanaugh, a character that is killed off in the books, as well as the in the original scripts of the TV series, had his screen time increased, due to the popularity of the character.